Two or Three Things

Hi. I am officially 23 now! I don't have a specific topic to talk about in this post, but I have some stories to tell.

Last Saturday my mom and I went to a free yoga class. We were required to register two days prior to the class. The class was at 8 in the morning, since we didn't want to be late, we went early. Arrived safely at 7 and we were the first ones to get there. It was raining, so the class was delayed. While waiting to come in to the class, a staff was checking each participant's attendance. It was finally our turn, but our names weren't there. I had registered but didn't got a reply, my mom had also registered but she got wait-listed, she agreed and also didn't get a reply. It turned out, the rule was that we need to get a reply first, an attendance number and then we can attend the free class. But the staff was kind enough to told us to wait while she checks with the supervisor.


Some moments later, the staff told us since we've come all the way here, we can join the class as long as there's an empty yoga mat. I guess it was our lucky day, because there were a lot of empty mats, hehe. Maybe because it was raining so there were many people who couldn't come. 

It was our first time doing yoga and the class was a lot of fun. The instructor explained each moves and their meanings. My favorite pose was the child's position (?). It was super relaxing, I needed the stretch because my body felt super stiff & tense from the lack of sport. All and all, I think yoga is good, fun and relaxing, even though it's quite tiring. Would I do it again? Absolutely!


The second story is about the 16 personality types test. I haven't took that test in... hmm, almost two years? The last time I took it was when I applied for VP. I was so sick of taking that test almost every year and learning about personalities that I just decided to distance myself from it, trying to rediscover myself without those things. In fact, I snapped almost every time someone told me to take that test. My defense: I was still recovering from previous events and those kinds of things reminded me of the bad stuff.

Last month my boyfriend applied to a company and he asked for some help in translating the test questions. Afterward, he told me to take that test and I told him no. But, since I was curious about how I've changed over the year, so yea, I did it. For three consecutive years I was always an INFJ-T, but this time it was an INFJ-A. After some comparison with my old results, I found that: I'm more introverted that ever, less feeling and more assertive. I forgot the name of the compass thingy (edit: it's called strategy) but the words are now "confident individualism". It used to be "constant improvement".

What I wanted to talk about is the "confident individualism" part. Let me cite the first paragraph from the website:
"Confident individualists typically trust in themselves, and they often embrace solitude to pursue their own interests rather than seeking out social activity. Fascinated by personal projects, people following this strategy often have an impressive range of skills and interests ideas. But projects are usually pursued for their own merit - Confident individualists tend to feel that social displays and bragging are time and energy wasted. These personality types are proud of who they are, what they know, and what they can do, but they don't feel the need to prove themselves to others. ..."
(source: www.16personalities.com)

Strategy is our preferred way to do things. It's amazing how I've change in a year. From being so used to constantly worrying about perfection and my own performance to not giving a damn at all. That strategy describes me very well though, especially the last sentence. It's true, I no longer seek approval from someone else, since this is my life, then I shall live for myself. Enough of living and doing things for others. I guess this is my most current form of self-love. Trying to do the things I enjoy, things that I love and surrounding myself with genuine people.


From that paragraph, some of you might think that confident individualists are simply egoistic, cold and adamant people hiding behind a term. Not to mention anti-social. Well, I think it depends on how you treat them. We could become like that, only if you ask for it. I'm 23 and I have come to terms with what I've become and I'm loving this version of myself more.

The 3rd and last story is about job-hunting. The one thing I forgot to mention in my previous post is, I now know that finding a job is hard. A job you love, a job that has benefits, a job that pays well, a job that helps you grow or kick-start your career or all of them. Some companies you've applied to might give a response, and some might stay silent until the end of time. Currently, I'm trying to say yes to every opportunity that comes my way and throw out that twenty-something picture-perfect life. Just start somewhere.

[ This is my life right now ]

The first 2 or 3 months after graduation I refrained from sending multiple applications because I fear that I might be taking other's chance indirectly. Like, if I get accepted in more than one offer at the same time, I had to turn down the rest while some other person could've gotten that offer. Now with only one month left, I realized there's plenty of fish in the sea and its (I hope) enough for everyone. So, I stopped worrying about which chance belong to whom and focus more on applying to positions where I could learn and grow.

I have an interview next Monday, even though its not for the position that I'm applying for, I'm gonna go for it. Wish me luck, since I'll need lots and lots of it.

P.s. Right, I never posted anything about my graduation day. It's coming 💌

Comments