An Explanation on New Blog Concept, Logo and Era

Hi. If you've been reading my blog for a long time, you would know that I just recently changed everything about my blog. I would like to explain the reasons behind these changes.

Previously my blog name was ranarenerenga.blogspot.com and titled renesje. Well, ranarenerenga is actually my full name, but I took a letter out for the last two words (or names?) because I ran out of ideas for blog names. Renesje is actually a combination of all of my nicknames that my friends and families use to call me: Nes, Ren, Rene, Nene, Nesje, Renes, etc. I used my name because I like it, it's unique and it has a very good meaning. The tagline was, "what I see, what I think about the world" because I wrote my thoughts on the things I see in my life at that time. I was very, very idealistic (still am, but more toned down and realistic).

Life happens, I went MIA for 2 years and I've changed. I felt that my blog name, title and tagline doesn't resonate with me anymore. I'm also in a tight economy situation and I didn't want to ask money from my parents, unless it's really urgent since I didn't have a job, yet. So, I thought I should start blogging again and maybe even try to monetize it. I've been wanting to write more seriously and start something new. But I was debating on whether to continue writing on this blog or start on a clean slate.

Aaaaand ended up continuing this blog.

As embarrassing and as cheesy some of my posts might be, to me this has become my writing journey. I've had this blog for 9 years, since I was in junior high. I'm not going to throw all of my writings away for the sake of new image/brand and better organization. I also think that I shouldn't be ashamed of what I've written because, those were my thoughts and feelings and emotions I managed to capture and put into words. But, I do want to mark a new chapter in this blog. So, a logo was designed, a color scheme was chosen and a new name was picked.

From 10 ideas, I had 3 candidates and rosy renes was the winner. The other candidate is going to be my handmade book brand, which I will talk about later once it's officially launched (wow launching something is scary). If you don't know this, I LOVE roses (especially red, light pink and white ones). From the Merriam-Webster online dictionary, the word rosy is defined as: 1. a. the rose color b. having a pinkish/healthy looking complexion; 2. tend to promote optimism.

I'm entering a new stage in life and I'm positive that I can work my ass off to make my dreams come true. I just need to pick myself up each time I fall (or failed). That's why it's named Rosy Renes, to serve as a self-reminder to have a positive and realistic outlook and to never loose my hope/rosy glow whatever things life throw at my face.

Why pink though? I asked my boyfriend, closest friends and family what color represents me best, and their answer was always: light pink, rosy pink peach-ish (my cousin's answer), very soft pink or nude color mixed with cream color or something along the line. I ask them why, the best answer so far was from my dear cousin, she said, "Because you are cheerful and you spread positivity." I'm so touched she said that. But, as much as I hate to admit it, I was a pink-freak when I was little (well almost all the little girls around this earth love pink). Yet, even after all these years, I still come back to pink, from time to time. I'm beginning to question if it lives in me.

The logo, is actually a rose (center), some carnations (left) and a branch of leaves (right).

[ The new logo that I designed myself ]

*brb grabbing my sketchbook* When I first sketched it, I imagined that the carnations are white or pink (which represents luck and gratitude), the rose is baby pink or peach (represents grace, joy or sweetness) and being inspired by the laurel wreath, eventually I put the leaves in as a complement. I tried coloring the flowers, and it didn't work for me. Sooo, I was experimenting to use the traced sketch as a blog background, and turned out, it looked good on top of the pink color. That's why this is the final logo.

If you use your imagination a little bit, the logo kinda looks like it's heart-shaped. I think it represents me very well. I may have a boldly defined outline, but inside I'm actually a huge cinnamon roll. And this blog is actually another side of my heart, you'll see why, read on.

After I finished giving my blog a total makeover, I realized that nobody actually reads my blog, not anymore. Monetizing it is not possible. This made me reconsider my attempt to seriously write in this blog. Then I got my current part-time job, and I thought I shouldn't just monetized what I love because I'm desperate for money. It felt like selling your soul. Instead, I should do what I do from the bottom of my heart, based solely on loving it. I remembered that a colleague of mine once said that blogging is outdated. Well, hey you-whose-name-I-will-not-mention-here, guess what, I'm going to blog anyway. I don't care if nobody reads it (I sincerely thank you for those who do). I'm just going to write my heart out.

And that thought, my dear reader, gave me the idea for a tagline. "Pouring my heart and capturing my thoughts" is born. Because I think, that is my main reason for writing. Moments, thoughts and emotions come and go, its velocity faster than light and more often than we'd like to admit, we let the very important ones passed. Poof. Just like that. Which is why, I'm going to preserve mine in this blog.

Another thing you should know, I'm also going to write about other things besides my life journal, which will be about my book making process, fashion, art and craft.

Congratulations, you made it to the end. This post is painfully long, thank you for reading and for your patience. May this blog inspires you and brings you positivity and joy, even in your darkest days.

p.s. Please don't use the logo without permission, I put all my mind, heart and soul in creating it. Your cooperation is much appreciated.

Comments