Mirror Writing

It's good to be writing again. Last Saturday, somehow I managed to hurt my right back. Yes, my back and let me tell you, backache hurts like a biatch. I couldn't even sleep. It's gotten better now, still a bit sprained(?) if that's the correct word, so I'm trying to be more careful about my own body positions when moving around or placing myself before doing anything.

This week I also tried mirror writing for the first time. The idea popped into my head when I was in bed some nights ago. All of the sudden I just remembered the story of Leonardo da Vinci, who was a leftie and whose notes were all mirror-written. I tried tracing the letter 'G' that night and that's when the idea came to me, to try mirror writing. My first attempt was on Thursday, I was an emotional wreck so I tried to untangled some of my emotions by writing. I thought, "Well, might as well try the mirror writing," and I did. Somehow it cheered me up a bit. Here's my second attempt, I won't show you my first because, well, the cursing I wrote weren't exactly something I want to show people.

[ My second attempt on mirror writing ]

Since I'm not a leftie, the handwriting wasn't as stable as my right hand's. But hey, for a second try, it ain't so bad, don't you think?

Also, being an heap of emotional mess last Thursday, it just occurred to me that writing (and cursing, sometimes), is impeccably good for me. For the mind, heart and soul. It's therapeutic. Writing helps you to remember what you want to remember, let go of what you want to let go, untangled what is tangled, soothes your almost-exploding emotions, cure a broken heart and put your broken pieces together. It's peculiar, yet amazing at the same time. Personally for me, writing helps me to convey what I meant to the world, better. Helps me to channel all of the things I kept to myself, to the outside world, even if nobody reads it. 

The only downside is, whenever I read a painful passage I've written in my old journals, I can feel the pain, fresh, like it happened 5 minutes ago. Maybe it's just me being sensitive, always feeling everything deeply and taking things too personally. That's why I rarely read them unless I'm free, or looking for answers.

Speaking of old journals, I'm going to introduce my retired comrades that had helped me cope with my daily activities in the next post! Stay tuned!

Comments